List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:May 14 2008 12:44pm
Subject:Re: Query execution time - MySQL
View as plain text
Hi Neil,

If your using Linux then you have to install the glib RPM's in the usual
way.  I don't know about other platforms, but I am sure there will be a
version of glib out there...

Also ensure the correct include and link directives are in your
Makefile, which you can get (on Linux) using the commands:

# glib-config --cflags
# glib-config --libs

Ben

Neil Tompkins wrote:
> [...]
>
> ) or for usage in JDBC by calling the setQueryTimeout() function of a
> Statement object...and so forth.HOWEVER - Just so you know, if you
> execute the query MANUALLY via the command-line of MySQL it will tell
> you how long the query took. Just use normal SQL syntax, execute
>  > the query on the table and VOILA! Your answer:mysql queryormysqlrun
> the query (use the below quoted/threaded example as a starting place to
> write your own query...?)Take a look at this thread (it basically
> explains the answer with a bit more detail on what the output will
> be):http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?108,51989,142404#msg-142404
>  > > SELECT * FROM user_log; 15113 rows fetched in 5.3274s (0.1498s)
> SELECT BENCHMARK(100000000, RAND()); 1 row fetched in 0.0505s (13.2676s)
> I believe the results are the following: The first number is the time it
> took MySQL server to send the result set to the client. The second
> number (in parens) is the time it took MySQL server to execute the query
> itself.
>  > > TOTAL TIME will EQUAL A + B (for total time it took on your
> server/P.C. or wherever you are running the query...). Many things come
> into factoring why it takes longer or shorter. So this is why I asked if
> you are attempting to optimize or what not, but that is whole new story.
> (( ----> What Operating System are you running? This would be helpful to
> give you the step-by-step, so to speak. Or perhaps provide us with a bit
> more information***Also, if you are looking to perhaps make it so
> queries take shorter times (optimization effort) to execute a little bit
> more about your MySQL database setup and machine(s) would be beneficial
> to us as well. ))Let me know if you have any questions.Standing by and I
> hope this helped you.Sincerely,Craig Huffstetlerxq on FreeNode #mysql |
> #apache
>  > > On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 6:13 AM, Neil Tompkins
> <neildtompkins@stripped> wrote:
>  > > Hi,When performing a SQL query like SELECT Name FROM Customers. How
> do I obtain the time in which the query took to execute like 1.5 seconds
> etcThanks,Neil_________________________________________________________________All
> new Live Search at
> Live.comhttp://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000006ukm/direct/01/
>  > > _________________________________________________________________
>  > > Great deals on almost anything at eBay.co.uk. Search, bid, find and
> win on eBay today!
>  > > http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/
>  >
>  > --
>  > MySQL General Mailing List
>  > For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/mysql
>  > To unsubscribe:
> http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1
>  >

> Miss your Messenger buddies when on-the-go? Get Messenger on your
Thread
Query execution time - MySQLNeil Tompkins14 May
  • Re: Query execution time - MySQLCraig Huffstetler14 May
    • RE: Query execution time - MySQLNeil Tompkins14 May
      • Re: Query execution time - MySQLBen Clewett14 May
Re: Query execution time - MySQLBen Clewett14 May
  • RE: Query execution time - MySQLNeil Tompkins14 May
  • RE: Query execution time - MySQLNeil Tompkins14 May
    • Re: Query execution time - MySQLEric Frazier14 May