List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:May 13 2008 7:44am
Subject:Re: Data Modelling
View as plain text
If you use InnoDB you should not have a problem as it used row-level
locking and isolated transitions.

Other than that you can split your tables into smaller ones using either
partitioning or the federated engine...

Ben

Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Generally, in data modelling there are some independent table, user related
> tables, master tables and one main table which is related with most of the
> tables. Almost in all the queries main table is involved to fetch the `id`.
> In this way main table is used maximum. some times the main table gets
> locked due to the other query. When the hits on database server increases
> the locking time will increase.
>
> Is there any way to reduce the locking time of main table.
>  for eg main_dup can be created. To reflect all the changes from main table
> to main_dup trigger can be used. So main_dup can be used to reduce the
> locking time of table.
>
> The above is my idea. Is there any other way to reduce the locking period.

Thread
Data ModellingKrishna Chandra Prajapati13 May
  • Re: Data ModellingAnanda Kumar13 May
    • Re: Data ModellingKrishna Chandra Prajapati13 May
      • Re: Data ModellingBen Clewett13 May