List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Srini Date:May 8 2008 12:51am
Subject:Re: innodb disabled
View as plain text
It could be the problem with permissions or sizes of iblog or ibdata files

Can you try this back up the iblog and ibdata files and move it to some
other location from /data/mysql
and restart mysql to see if it shows innodb up on show engines, by doing
this atleast u can isolate the
problem is not with iblog or ibdata files

-srini

Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What ever you have written i did the same thing, Yet innodb get disabled,
>

> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Rolando Edwards <redwards@stripped>
> wrote:
>

>> If you just created the /data/mysql folder and moved the ib* files to that
>> folder from /var/lib/mysql, you may have to contend with the internal data
>> dictionary with ibdata1.
>>
>> You do the following:
>>
>> 1) Put the mysql data back into /var/lib/mysql
>> 2) Configure my.cnf to set datadir=/var/lib/mysql
>> 3) Restart mysqld
>>
>> Once you put it back the way it was, then
>>
>> 4) mysqldump -h... -u... -p... --single-transaction --all-databases
>> --routines --triggers > AllData.sql
>> 5) Make /data/mysql TOTALLY EMPTY.
>> 6) Configure my.cnf to set datadir=/data/mysql
>> 7) Restart mysqld
>>
>> At this point, mysqld will regenerate a new ibdata1 file with a clean
>> internal data dictionary.
>>
>> 8) mysql -h... -u... -p... < AllData.sql
>>
>> All data get put into this new data folder and will reload the internal
>> data dictionary elements pertaining to its new location.
>>
>> Moving MyISAM is simple. Moving InnoDB is a little more work but doing it
>> this way ensures ibdata1 is in a proper state.

Thread
innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati6 May
  • Re: innodb disabledAnanda Kumar6 May
    • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati6 May
      • Re: innodb disabledAnanda Kumar6 May
  • Re: innodb disabledJuan Eduardo Moreno6 May
    • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati6 May
      • Re: innodb disabledJuan Eduardo Moreno6 May
        • RE: innodb disabledRolando Edwards6 May
          • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati7 May
            • Re: innodb disabledAnanda Kumar7 May
              • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati7 May
                • Re: innodb disabledAnanda Kumar7 May
            • Re: innodb disabledSrini8 May
              • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati8 May
                • Re: innodb disabledSrini8 May
                  • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati9 May
        • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati7 May
          • Re: innodb disabledNorbert Tretkowski7 May
            • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati8 May