List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krishna Chandra Prajapati Date:May 6 2008 8:27am
Subject:innodb disabled
View as plain text
Hi all,

I have change the data directory from /var/lib/mysql to /data/mysql
directory and adding innodb_file_per_table. By doing this innodb storage
engine get dissabled. my.cnf doesn't contains "#skip-innodb". Is it's adding
will enable or not

HOW CAN I ENABLE INNODB

mysql> show engines;
+------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| Engine     | Support  |
Comment                                                        |
+------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| MyISAM     | DEFAULT  | Default engine as of MySQL 3.23 with great
performance         |
| MEMORY     | YES      | Hash based, stored in memory, useful for temporary
tables      |
| InnoDB     | DISABLED | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and
foreign keys     |
| BerkeleyDB | NO       | Supports transactions and page-level
locking                   |
| BLACKHOLE  | NO       | /dev/null storage engine (anything you write to it
disappears) |
| EXAMPLE    | NO       | Example storage
engine                                         |
| ARCHIVE    | YES      | Archive storage
engine                                         |
| CSV        | YES      | CSV storage
engine                                             |
| ndbcluster | DISABLED | Clustered, fault-tolerant, memory-based
tables                 |
| FEDERATED  | YES      | Federated MySQL storage
engine                                 |
| MRG_MYISAM | YES      | Collection of identical MyISAM
tables                          |
| ISAM       | NO       | Obsolete storage
engine                                        |
+------------+----------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
12 rows in set (0.00 sec)

# /etc/mysql/my.cnf: The global mysql configuration file.
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/dev-db/mysql/files/my.cnf-4.1-r1,v 1.3
2006/02/01 20:25:56 vivo Exp $
#
# $Revision:$
# $Id:$

# The following options will be passed to all MySQL clients
[client]
#password                                       =
port                                            = 3306
socket                                          =
/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

[mysql]
character-sets-dir=utf8
default-character-set=utf8

[mysqladmin]
character-sets-dir=utf8
default-character-set=utf8

[mysqlcheck]
character-sets-dir=utf8
default-character-set=utf8

[mysqldump]
character-sets-dir=utf8
default-character-set=utf8

[mysqlimport]
character-sets-dir=utf8
default-character-set=utf8

[mysqlshow]
character-sets-dir=utf8
default-character-set=utf8

[myisamchk]
character-sets-dir=utf8
default-character-set=utf8

[myisampack]
character-sets-dir=utf8

# use [safe_mysqld] with mysql-3
[mysqld_safe]
err-log                                         = /var/log/mysql/mysql.err

# add a section [mysqld-4.1] or [mysqld-5.0] for specific configurations.
[mysqld]
old_passwords = false # inserted by debconf
character-set-server            = utf8
default-character-set           = utf8
user                            = mysql
port                            = 3306
socket                          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
pid-file                        = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
log-error                       = /var/log/mysql/mysqld.err
basedir                         = /usr
#datadir                        = /var/lib/mysql
skip-locking
#set default_storage_engine=InnoDB
key_buffer                      = 384M
max_allowed_packet              = 16M
table_cache                     = 1024

sort_buffer_size                = 9M

net_buffer_length               = 8K
read_buffer_size                = 2M
read_rnd_buffer_size            = 32M
myisam_sort_buffer_size         = 64M

query_cache_type                = 1
query_cache_size                = 100M

language                        = /usr/share/mysql/english

set-variable = max_connections=1024

# Begin replication section
log-bin=/var/db/db05-master-bin.log
server-id=5

# End replication section

#security:
#using "localhost" in connects use sockets by default
#skip-networking
#bind-address                           = 127.0.0.1

# Point the following paths to different dedicated disks
tmpdir                          = /tmp/
#log-update                     = /path-to-dedicated-directory/hostname

# you need debug use flag enabled to use this ones.
# if needed uncomment them, start the server and issue
# #tail -f /tmp/mysqld.sql /tmp/mysqld.trace
# this will show you *exactly* what's appening in your server ;)

#log                            = /tmp/mysqld.sql
#gdb
#debug                          = d:t:i:o,/tmp/mysqld.trace
#one-thread

# Uncomment the following if you are using BDB tables
#bdb_cache_size                 = 4M
#bdb_max_lock                   = 10000

# The following is the InnoDB configuration
#
# the rest of the innodb config follows:
# don't eat too much memory, we're trying to be safe on 64Mb boxes.
# you might want to bump this up a bit on boxes with more RAM
innodb_buffer_pool_size         = 1G
# this is the default, increase if you have lots of tables
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 128M
#
# i'd like to use /var/lib/mysql/innodb, but that is seen as a database :-(
# and upstream wants things to be under /var/lib/mysql/, so that's the route
# we have to take for the moment
#innodb_data_home_dir           = /var/lib/mysql/
innodb_data_home_dir            = /data/mysql/
innodb_log_arch_dir             = /data/mysql/
innodb_log_group_home_dir       = /data/mysql/

datadir                         = /data/mysql/
#innodb_file_per_table

# you may wish to change this size to be more suitable for your system
# the max is there to avoid run-away growth on your machine
innodb_data_file_path           = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
# we keep this at around 25% of of innodb_buffer_pool_size
# sensible values range from 1MB to
(1/innodb_log_files_in_group*innodb_buffer_pool_size)
innodb_log_file_size            = 256M
# this is the default, increase if you have very large transactions.
innodb_log_buffer_size          = 256M
# this is the default, and won't hurt you.
# you shouldn't need to tweak it.
set-variable                    = innodb_log_files_in_group=2
# see the innodb config docs, the other options are not always safe
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit  = 1
innodb_lock_wait_timeout        = 50

[mysqldump]
quick
max_allowed_packet              = 16M

[mysql]
# Remove the next comment character if you are not familiar with SQL
#safe-updates

[isamchk]
key_buffer                      = 20M
sort_buffer_size                = 20M
read_buffer                     = 2M
write_buffer                    = 2M

[myisamchk]
key_buffer                      = 20M
sort_buffer_size                = 20M
read_buffer                     = 2M
write_buffer                    = 2M

[mysqlhotcopy]
interactive-timeout

#vim: set tabstop=4 :
#vim: set shiftwidth=4 :

Krishna Chandra Prajapati

Thread
innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati6 May
  • Re: innodb disabledAnanda Kumar6 May
    • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati6 May
      • Re: innodb disabledAnanda Kumar6 May
  • Re: innodb disabledJuan Eduardo Moreno6 May
    • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati6 May
      • Re: innodb disabledJuan Eduardo Moreno6 May
        • RE: innodb disabledRolando Edwards6 May
          • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati7 May
            • Re: innodb disabledAnanda Kumar7 May
              • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati7 May
                • Re: innodb disabledAnanda Kumar7 May
            • Re: innodb disabledSrini8 May
              • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati8 May
                • Re: innodb disabledSrini8 May
                  • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati9 May
        • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati7 May
          • Re: innodb disabledNorbert Tretkowski7 May
            • Re: innodb disabledKrishna Chandra Prajapati8 May