List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:April 28 2008 3:59pm
Subject:RE: Problem with character set and connection collation
View as plain text
A week or so ago I explored this in depth because I was having the same
problems. (It was affecting an English file that had some Windows (CP-1252)
characters that didn't directly map to UTF-8. That message is at
http://lists.mysql.com/mysql/212392. I didn't mention it in my posting, but
latin1 is CP-1252. I couldn't get that to work, either.

I don't know how it would apply directly to your situation, but I think you
are running into a similar kind of problem. I also can't guarantee that my
conclusions were entirely correct.

Perhaps someone else can add to this.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341

www.the-infoshop.com
www.giiexpress.com
www.etudes-marche.com

Thread
Problem with character set and connection collationsulochan acharya27 Apr
  • Re: Problem with character set and connection collationLeandro Chapuis28 Apr
  • RE: Problem with character set and connection collationJerry Schwartz28 Apr
    • RE: Problem with character set and connection collationTim McDaniel28 Apr
      • RE: Problem with character set and connection collationJerry Schwartz28 Apr