List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Olav Mørkrid Date:April 28 2008 1:54pm
Subject:Re: get all my newest messages
View as plain text
On 28/04/2008, Martijn Tonies <m.tonies@stripped> wrote:

>  select *
>  from ( select * from msgs order by msgs.created desc ) t
>  where sender = 1 or recipient = 1
>  group by sender, recipient

not quite right. first comes all of MY newest messages, then comes all
of THEIR newest messages. for example:

S R
1 2
1 3
1 5
1 7
2 1
5 1

the final result should include EITHER "1 2" OR "2 1", depending on
which of the two is newest. same for "1 5" and "5 1".
Thread
get all my newest messagesOlav Mørkrid28 Apr
  • Re: get all my newest messagesOlav Mørkrid28 Apr
  • Re: get all my newest messagesMartijn Tonies28 Apr