List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Leandro Chapuis Date:April 28 2008 12:55pm
Subject:Re: Problem with character set and connection collation
View as plain text
Hi Sulo,

Open the file you are importing as it is probably that it contains
references of another character set in the table creation. If so replace
that character set for '' or 'utf8'.

I hope it helps,

Leandro

sulochan acharya wrote:
> Hello all,
> here is my problem:
>
> I am trying to set mysql to unicode character, so that i can get my
> dictionary application to look at words in Nepali.
> here is my setting:
>
> mysql charset: utf-8 unicode
>
> when i make a new database:
> mysql connection collation is utf8-general-ci
> and my new database collation is also utf-general-ci
>
> i import tables into this database using mysql command : source /path to
> file
>
> when i browse the tables in this database i dont see nepali world instead it
> seems like mysql cant read the characters;
>
> please help!!
>

> best,
> sulo

Thread
Problem with character set and connection collationsulochan acharya27 Apr
  • Re: Problem with character set and connection collationLeandro Chapuis28 Apr
  • RE: Problem with character set and connection collationJerry Schwartz28 Apr
    • RE: Problem with character set and connection collationTim McDaniel28 Apr
      • RE: Problem with character set and connection collationJerry Schwartz28 Apr