List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wm Mussatto Date:April 21 2008 10:16pm
Subject:Re: UPDATEs against one db affecting others
View as plain text
On Mon, April 21, 2008 07:28, Waynn Lue wrote:
> Is there any way to prevent UPDATEs on one database on one mysql
> instance from affecting SELECTs on other databases in the same
> instance?  I'm noticing a whole bunch of backed up connections on
> other databases when I run massive UPDATEs on one.
>
> Thanks!

Are there any I/O or CPU load issues?
If you don't have any stored procedures that work between them, I'd check
server level limits.  MySQL is supposed to be multi-threaded to avoid just
this sort of problem, but if your disk and/or CPU are maxed out (or for
that matter you are out of memory) the whole system may be tied up.

Just my thoughts <warning its a Monday here>.

------
William R. Mussatto
Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com
909-920-9154

Thread
UPDATEs against one db affecting othersWaynn Lue21 Apr
  • Re: UPDATEs against one db affecting othersWm Mussatto22 Apr
    • Re: UPDATEs against one db affecting othersWaynn Lue30 Apr