List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Bergen Date:April 21 2008 2:44am
Subject:Re: Does version 4 mysqlcheck close MyISAM tables left open?
View as plain text
Nicole,

The tables left open warning is from the tables that were left open
when the server was rebooted. Internally mysql keeps a counter per
table of the number of clients that have a table open. When a table is
closed this counter is decremented. If mysql is improperly shutdown
this counter doesn't get decremented. A mysqlcheck (repair table
query) will reset the counter.

-Eric

--
high performance mysql consulting.