List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pam Astor Date:April 18 2008 3:43pm
Subject:RE: Can't get a login shell for some databases
View as plain text
> The ANSI-SQL syntax is to just use GRANT to create users.  You will
> still need to use GRANT twice for both users: joe@'%' and joe@'localhost'.
>
> But I find the MySql syntax for creating user with CREATE USER and then
> GRANT easier to follow:
>
> CREATE USER joe@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'whateverpassword';
> CREATE USER joe@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'whateverpassword';
>
> GRANT ALL ON db1.* TO joe@'%';
> GRANT ALL ON db1.* TO joe@'localhost';
>
> If you see what I mean...
>
> Just remember that a user always has a host, and you should always use
> the two together.
>
> Ben

Thanks Ben,

 OK Got it,

One more thing, I have already created these users and don't want to mess their
passwords up or break their associated php scripts access.

So how do I grant users, who already have a password, localhost
access?

http://green.msn.com/galleries/photos/photos.aspx?gid=164&ocid=T003MSN51N1653A
Thread
Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor17 Apr
  • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesSebastian Mendel18 Apr
    • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr
      • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesSebastian Mendel18 Apr
        • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr
      • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesBen Clewett18 Apr
        • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr
          • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesBen Clewett18 Apr
            • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr
              • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesBen Clewett21 Apr
                • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databases SOLVEDPam Astor21 Apr
RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr