List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:April 18 2008 1:43pm
Subject:RE: data truncation warnings by special characters
View as plain text

[JS] I should have mentioned that when I tried the same operations using
server version 5.0.45, I got a much more meaningful error message:

Incorrect string value: '\x96 Urug...' for column 'prod_title' at row 1

Are you running a 4.x server?

>The definition of the target table is:
>
>CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tmp
>( Code CHAR(8) NOT NULL,
>  Description TEXT NOT NULL,
>  KEY Code (Code)
>) ENGINE = MyISAM CHARSET=UTF8;
>
>The Load Into statement I use is:
>
>LOAD DATA INFILE 'D:/Input/Data.txt' INTO TABLE tmp
>FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t' LINES TERMINATED BY '\r\n' IGNORE 0 LINES;
>
>This leads to a truncted Description field like: "Jams, Jellies, Pur".
>
>Any idea how to solve this ?
>
>Thanks in advance, Cor

Thread
data truncation warnings by special charactersC.R.Vegelin18 Apr
  • RE: data truncation warnings by special charactersJerry Schwartz18 Apr
  • RE: data truncation warnings by special charactersJerry Schwartz18 Apr
  • Re: data truncation warnings by special charactersC.R.Vegelin18 Apr
    • Re: data truncation warnings by special charactersChris W18 Apr
  • Re: data truncation warnings by special characters [SOLVED]C.R.Vegelin18 Apr