List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sebastian Mendel Date:April 18 2008 6:25am
Subject:Re: Can't get a login shell for some databases
View as plain text
Pam Astor schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>  I have about a half dozen small databases associated with a
> couple of small shopping carts, discussion forums, etc. All six databases have
> usernames and
> passwords associated with them, and all the databases are connected to the php
> based forums and shopping carts, no problems with the php applications reading
> and writing data to them.
>
>  I set the databases up a few weeks ago, the first one I set
> up, I can’t remember exactly how I set it up.
>
>  Here is what I don’t understand.  I’m able to login as root, and also
> the very
> first database I set up, I am able to log in to MySQL via shell using the
> username and password associated with that user.  However for all the other
> databases, I am not
> able to log in to a MySQL  shell using the other usernames associated with their
> databases – even though the php applications are configured to use the
> usernames, passwords and database names for those users which I can not log in to
> get a shell MySQL session.
>
>  How is it that my php applications can log in to MySQL and I can’t get a
> terminal connection to them?  I’m sure it’s something about granting a
> login shell but how would I do that?

connectiong from shell means connecting as localhost by default, connecting
from PHP can be some different server and/or PHP uses the full IP
address/hostname of the server

check/compare the privileges for your users for 'localhost' and '%'

--
Sebastian
Thread
      • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesSebastian Mendel18 Apr
        • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr
      • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesBen Clewett18 Apr
        • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr
          • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesBen Clewett18 Apr
            • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr
              • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesBen Clewett21 Apr
                • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databases SOLVEDPam Astor21 Apr
RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr