List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pam Astor Date:April 17 2008 5:02pm
Subject:Can't get a login shell for some databases
View as plain text

Hi,

 I have about a half dozen small databases associated with a
couple of small shopping carts, discussion forums, etc. All six databases have usernames
and
passwords associated with them, and all the databases are connected to the php
based forums and shopping carts, no problems with the php applications reading
and writing data to them.

 I set the databases up a few weeks ago, the first one I set
up, I can’t remember exactly how I set it up.

 Here is what I don’t understand.  I’m able to login as root, and also the
very
first database I set up, I am able to log in to MySQL via shell using the
username and password associated with that user.  However for all the other databases, I
am not
able to log in to a MySQL  shell using the other usernames associated with their
databases – even though the php applications are configured to use the
usernames, passwords and database names for those users which I can not log in to
get a shell MySQL session.

 How is it that my php applications can log in to MySQL and I can’t get a terminal
connection to them?  I’m sure it’s something about granting a
login shell but how would I do that?

Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor17 Apr
  • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesSebastian Mendel18 Apr
    • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr
      • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesSebastian Mendel18 Apr
        • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr
      • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesBen Clewett18 Apr
        • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr
          • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesBen Clewett18 Apr
            • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr
              • Re: Can't get a login shell for some databasesBen Clewett21 Apr
                • RE: Can't get a login shell for some databases SOLVEDPam Astor21 Apr
RE: Can't get a login shell for some databasesPam Astor18 Apr