List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rob Wultsch Date:April 15 2008 4:25pm
Subject:Re: Two MySql servers, but very different performances for a SELECT JOIN
View as plain text
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Wm Mussatto <mussatto@stripped> wrote:
>  Possible key refers to the keys that the server thinks might be usable.
>  key refers to the one is chose.  On the slow server it decided that the
>  possible key would not work so it didn't use it.  You might try to force
>  the use of the key and see what happens.  Did you try organizing the slow
>  server's table.  Its possibly that there were enough records added/removed
>  that the statistics need to be updated.  Just a guess.

I suggested an ANALYZE TABLE, and he already showed that this did not
fix his problem. Is there a more in depth method to update statistics?

The FORCE INDEX might be a good suggestion, however I think there is
something very wonky with that table. Have you tried DROPing and
reloading it from a dump?

--
Rob Wultsch
wultsch@stripped