List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 9 2008 12:54pm
Subject:Re: We have just moved to a new web server where we are running
View as plain text
At 1:13 PM +0300 4/9/08, Malka Cymbalista wrote:
>We have just moved to a new web server where we are running mysql
>version:  5.0.45
>On the old machine, when we gave the following command:
>update table1 set passwd = password('xx') where user_name="xx";
>
>and then gave the following command,
>SELECT user_name FROM alon_protein_passwd WHERE (user_name = "xx"
>AND passwd=password('xx'))
>
>we got the expected results.
>
>Now when we do this, on the new machine, we get no result i.e. Empty set.
>
>Any help will be appreciated.

The password hashing algorithm changed in MySQL 4.1.  You can read about
it here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/password-hashing.html

This is likely the cause of the changes that you're observing.  I
imagine that you'll either need to upgrade the passwords in your
table, or look for them using OLD_PASSWORD() rather than PASSWORD().

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where wearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where wearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Martijn Tonies9 Apr
    • Re: We have just moved to a new web server wherewearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server wherewearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Martijn Tonies9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server wherewearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Martijn Tonies9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where we are running mysql version: 5.0.45Paul DuBois9 Apr
    • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where we arerunning mysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr