List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:April 9 2008 12:55pm
Subject:Re: We have just moved to a new web server wherewearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45
View as plain text
>Thanks.  So how does one use the password function in MySQL 5?

Most probably just the same, but your MySQL 4 password hashes are
incompatible
with MySQL 5 password hashes.

A search on "password" in the MySQL docs returns quite some stuff, see:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/password-hashing.html

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/search.php?version=5.0&q=password&from=%2Fdoc%2Frefman%2F5.0%2Fen%2F&lang=en

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
We have just moved to a new web server where we are runningmysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr
  • RE: We have just moved to a new web server where we are runningmysql version: 5.0.45Edward Kay9 Apr
    • RE: We have just moved to a new web server where we arerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where we arerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Martijn Tonies9 Apr
    • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where wearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where wearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Martijn Tonies9 Apr
    • Re: We have just moved to a new web server wherewearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server wherewearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Martijn Tonies9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server wherewearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Martijn Tonies9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where we are running mysql version: 5.0.45Paul DuBois9 Apr
    • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where we arerunning mysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr