List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Malka Cymbalista Date:April 9 2008 12:19pm
Subject:Re: We have just moved to a new web server where
View as plain text
Thanks.  So how does one use the password function in MySQL 5?
--

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science

"Martijn Tonies" <m.tonies@stripped> wrote:
>> Thanks for the email but that didn't help.  I gave the commands again using
> only single quotes and I still get no results.
>>On the old machine we were running MySQL 4.0.15a.  Is there any difference
> with the password function in these 2 versions?
>
> Could be, I remember MySQL 4.1 having a new password mechanism. If this uses
> the same function, I guess you shouldn't be surprised it returns a very
> different value
> in 4.1 and up.
>
> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - development tool for MySQL, and more!
> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com
> My thoughts:
> http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
> Database development questions? Check the forum!

We have just moved to a new web server where we are runningmysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr
  • RE: We have just moved to a new web server where we are runningmysql version: 5.0.45Edward Kay9 Apr
    • RE: We have just moved to a new web server where we arerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where we arerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Martijn Tonies9 Apr
    • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where wearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where wearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Martijn Tonies9 Apr
    • Re: We have just moved to a new web server wherewearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server wherewearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Martijn Tonies9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server wherewearerunningmysql version: 5.0.45Martijn Tonies9 Apr
  • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where we are running mysql version: 5.0.45Paul DuBois9 Apr
    • Re: We have just moved to a new web server where we arerunning mysql version: 5.0.45Malka Cymbalista9 Apr