List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chanchal James Date:April 8 2008 4:24pm
Subject:Re: Replication Relay_Master_Log_File question
View as plain text
I searched for a few combination of words, and didnt reach anywhere. Thats
how I ended up posting here.

From this thread it looks like it never gets reset and keeps increasing the
numbering; I would still wish if it reset someday without affecting the
replication!

Thanks for the link, Rob.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Rob Wultsch <wultsch@stripped> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Chanchal James <chanch13@stripped> wrote:
>
> > What could happen when this numbering reaches the limit, say,
> > mysql-bin.999999. Will it break replication in anyway or will it just
> > get
> > reset, and the slave starts to pick up replication from the new
> > log(which I
> > presume to be mysql-bin.000001)
> >
> > Thank you.
>

> This came up a bit ago http://lists.mysql.com/mysql/211880
>

> --
> Rob Wultsch
> wultsch@stripped
> wultsch (aim)

Thread
Replication Relay_Master_Log_File questionChanchal James8 Apr
  • Re: Replication Relay_Master_Log_File questionRob Wultsch8 Apr
    • Re: Replication Relay_Master_Log_File questionChanchal James8 Apr