List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Roberts Date:April 3 2008 5:03pm
Subject:Re: To replicate or not to replicate that is the question
View as plain text
 > I need to put a read-only copy of a single table on a database another
 > server so remote customers can have read access to it.

I use SQLYob Job Agent to synchronise two MySQL databases. See
http://www.webyog.com/en/ for more information.

I use SSH to so port forwarding from one box to the other, and then use
the SQLYog Job Agent via cron every minute to sync any changes from
specified tables on the source DB to the remote DB. You can do it
without the SSH component if you don't care about an encrypted tunnel.

You could also look into the mysqltookit (now called maatkit) at
http://www.maatkit.org/ - there's a tool called mk-table-sync (see
http://maatkit.sourceforge.net/doc/mk-table-sync.html for more info).
This works a little differently to the SQLYob Job Agent so you might
find it more suitable depending upon your application.

There's a nice comparison between these two solutions at
http://www.xaprb.com/blog/2007/04/05/mysql-table-sync-vs-sqlyog-job-agent/

Hope this is helpful.

Ben

Thread
To replicate or not to replicate that is the questionDavid Ruggles3 Apr
  • Re: To replicate or not to replicate that is the questionBen Clewett3 Apr
  • Re: To replicate or not to replicate that is the questionBen Roberts3 Apr