List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Ruggles Date:April 3 2008 4:02pm
Subject:To replicate or not to replicate that is the question
View as plain text
I need to put a read-only copy of a single table on a database on another
server so remote customers can have read access to it. I built a new MySQL
server and placed in my DMZ. I can use SSH forwarding to access it from
outside. Now I need to get a copy of the table from my internal MySQL server
to this new server. I was originally planning on using replication, however
the more I research it, the less I think it will do what I want.

Here are my requirements:
1) Minimal changes to the internal server, can't take it down.
2) Single table for now, but may need more later.
3) New server will NEVER have write access.
4) Doesn't have to be real-time, but as close as possible would be nice.

Does any one have any suggestions, or is replication the way to go?

Thanks,

David Ruggles
CCNA MCSE (NT) CNA A+
Network Engineer	Safe Data, Inc.
(910) 285-7200	david@stripped

Thread
To replicate or not to replicate that is the questionDavid Ruggles3 Apr
  • Re: To replicate or not to replicate that is the questionBen Clewett3 Apr
  • Re: To replicate or not to replicate that is the questionBen Roberts3 Apr