List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:March 29 2008 4:16pm
Subject:Re: [OT] When MySQL Bites: Quirks to Watch Out For
View as plain text
On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 3:46 PM, obed <obed.listas@stripped> wrote:
> Hi all, i'm not trying to make trouble or bother someone with this
>  information, I'm a mysql user and I love it, I just wanna know your
>  point of view about it.
>
>  http://use.perl.org/~Smylers/journal/34246

When you're talking about using Perl, you are right: it's hard to
notice warnings.  Only in new versions of Perl do the warnings become
available via DBD::mysql, and they don't do anything -- you have to
check explicitly for warnings.  Changing them to errors with SQL_MODE
is a good idea, but that doesn't change every warning to an error
either.

You don't have to restart the server to make strict mode take effect.
Set the variable globally:

mysql> set global sql_mode = 'STRICT_ALL_TABLES';

Any new connections to the server will now be in strict mode.
Thread
[OT] When MySQL Bites: Quirks to Watch Out Forobed28 Mar
  • Re: [OT] When MySQL Bites: Quirks to Watch Out ForPeter Brawley28 Mar
    • Re: [OT] When MySQL Bites: Quirks to Watch Out ForArthur Fuller29 Mar
      • Re: [OT] When MySQL Bites: Quirks to Watch Out ForOfer Inbar29 Mar
        • Re: [OT] When MySQL Bites: Quirks to Watch Out Forpaul rivers29 Mar
  • Re: [OT] When MySQL Bites: Quirks to Watch Out ForBaron Schwartz29 Mar