List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:April 20 1999 5:11pm
Subject:Re: Why I can not change passwd
View as plain text
Jingyi Zhou wrote:
> Help Please :
> Why I can not change passwd ?
> What is  "anonymous users" ,
> Why I am running as  "anonymous users"
> Shell> mysqladmin -u mysql password abcd
> Shell>mysqladmin: unable to change password; error: 'You are using MySQL
> as an anonymo
> us users and anonymous users are not allowed to change passwords'
> Jing

Apparently user mysql does not exist in the mysql
privilige system, so -u mysql makes you anonymous. Try
mysqladmin -uroot instead, this will always work, and
rember that mysql users exist separately from Unix

Sasha Pachev (home) (work)
Looking for a GUI interface to MySQLJamie Kent19 Apr
  • Re: Looking for a GUI interface to MySQLSasha Pachev19 Apr
  • Windows adminstratorStephen H. Kapit19 Apr
    • Get off listScott Alexander19 Apr
    • Windows adminstratorMichael Widenius19 Apr
  • Re: Windows adminstratorPat Sherrill19 Apr
  • Re: Windows adminstratorStephen H. Kapit19 Apr
  • testStephen H. Kapit20 Apr
  • Why I can not change passwdJingyi Zhou20 Apr
  • Re: Why I can not change passwdSasha Pachev20 Apr