List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Velen Date:March 20 2008 5:41pm
Subject:Optimize db update
View as plain text
Hi,

Actually I am updating TableA in DatabaseA with values from TableB in DatabaseB.  Database
B is on a stand alone PC.  I'm using VB6 to create a .txt file containing data from TableB
then using VB6 once more to recronstruct the table in DatabaseA then remove all data which
are already in TableA and insert the remaining.

This is working fine but as my table is growing bigger the process is taking more time
(about 5 mins for 250,000 records)

How can I optimise this process? and What are the alternatives available ?

Thanks

Regards,

Velen
Thread
Optimize db updateVelen20 Mar
  • Re: Optimize db updateDaniel Brown20 Mar
    • Re: Optimize db updatePhil20 Mar
  • Re: Optimize db updateVelen21 Mar
    • Re: Optimize db updateDaniel Brown21 Mar
  • Re: Optimize db updateVelen21 Mar
    • Re: Optimize db updateDaniel Brown21 Mar
  • Re: Optimize db updateVelen22 Mar