List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:March 4 2008 3:39pm
Subject:Re: Multiple revision of a record
View as plain text
Laurent,

 >I'd like to be able to track changes made to the attribute of one record,
 >without wanting to duplicate the complete record each time . How an I
achieve this?

It often turns out that trying to make a SQL-level audit trail of such
changes is more expensive in time and code than a simple implementation
of point-in-time architecture (PITA) cf
http://www.artfulsoftware.com/infotree/tip.php?id=530,
http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1ch21.pdf).

PB

-----

Laurent Cerveau wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am a beginner to mySQL so I hope this is not a too basic question
>
> I'd like to be able to track changes made to the attribute of one
> record, without wanting to duplicate the complete record each time .
> How an I achieve this?
>
> Thanks
>
> laurent

Thread
Multiple revision of a recordLaurent Cerveau4 Mar
  • Re: Multiple revision of a recordPeter Brawley4 Mar
Re: Multiple revision of a recordJerry Schwartz4 Mar
  • Re: Multiple revision of a recordLaurent Cerveau5 Mar