List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Simon Elliston Ball Date:February 20 2008 12:13pm
Subject:Re: external mysqldump
View as plain text
Ah!

What you actually need is for the users to have SELECT access to
mysql.procs.

GRANT SELECT ON mysql.procs TO user@'%'  identified by ....

Of course this is something of a security risk as well, in that any
use could see any other user's functions and stored procedures, but it
will achieve the permissions you need without giving away all the data
as well.

Simon

Simon Elliston Ball
simon@stripped