List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Date:February 19 2008 10:29pm
Subject:Re: group a select * and a select COUNT from 2 different tables using
result of first table to do the COUNT ... is it possible ?
View as plain text
Sorry it's me again, I made a mistake, it counts the number of logins
correctly, but does not show members with 0 logins !

Any idea how to do this?

Thanks :)

Peter Brawley a écrit :
> Richard,
>
>  >Can I do something like this :
>  >SELECT a.username, a.first_name, a.last_name,b.(SELECT COUNT(*) AS count
>  >FROM login_table b WHERE a.username = b.username) FROM user_list a
>
> Try ...
>
> SELECT a.username, a.first_name, a.last_name,COUNT(b.username) AS count
> FROM user_list a
> JOIN login_table b ON a.username = b.username
> GROUP BY a.username,a.first_name,a.lastname;
>
> PB
>
> -----
>
> Richard wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This time I'm rearly not sure if this is possible to do. I've got two
>> queries that I would like to bring together to make only one query ...
>>
>> I've got a list of users
>>
>> And also a login table
>>
>> I would like to list all users and show the number of times they have
>> logged in.
>>
>> So to get the list of users I would do :
>>
>> SELECT username, first_name, last_name FROM user_list
>>
>> And to count the number of connections I would do
>>
>> SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM login_table WHERE username =
>> $result['username']
>>
>> Can I do something like this :
>>
>> SELECT a.username, a.first_name, a.last_name,b.(SELECT COUNT(*) AS
>> count FROM login_table b WHERE a.username = b.username) FROM user_list a
>>
>> I know that the above query can not work but It's just to give a
>> better idea about what I'm trying to do . :)
>>
>> If I do a join, I will the username repeated for each login.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Richard

Thread
group a select * and a select COUNT from 2 different tables usingresult of first table to do the COUNT ... is it possible ?Richard19 Feb
  • Re: group a select * and a select COUNT from 2 different tables usingresult of first table to do the COUNT ... is it possible ?Peter Brawley19 Feb
    • Re: group a select * and a select COUNT from 2 different tables usingresult of first table to do the COUNT ... is it possible ?Richard19 Feb
      • Re: group a select * and a select COUNT from 2 different tables usingresult of first table to do the COUNT ... is it possible ?Peter Brawley20 Feb
    • Re: group a select * and a select COUNT from 2 different tables usingresult of first table to do the COUNT ... is it possible ?Richard19 Feb
      • Re: group a select * and a select COUNT from 2 different tables usingresult of first table to do the COUNT ... is it possible ?ddevaudreuil19 Feb
      • Re: group a select * and a select COUNT from 2 different tables using result of first table to do the COUNT ... is it possible ?David Schneider-Joseph19 Feb
        • Re: group a select * and a select COUNT from 2 different [... ] (solvedthankyou !)Richard20 Feb