List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:February 19 2008 3:41pm
Subject:Re: Call PHP file from MySQL
View as plain text
At 01:55 PM 2/19/2008, Mário Gamito wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to call from within MySQL an external PHP script ?
>I've read "MySQL Stored Procedure Programming" from O'Reilly but found
>nothing :(
>
>How can I do this ?
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Warm Regards,
>Mário Gamito

Mário,
        That would be the tail wagging the dog. MySQL knows only about
MySQL and handles requests from the outside world, but doesn't launch any
of its own. You would normally have a program (PHP in your case) making
requests to MySQL and getting the results back. You could have PHP make a
request to MYSQL and then take an appropriate action if you get a certain
result, like executing a PHP routine.

Can you explain what you are trying to do?

Mike
Thread
Call PHP file from MySQLM├írio Gamito19 Feb
  • Re: Call PHP file from MySQLmos19 Feb
  • Re: Call PHP file from MySQLBaron Schwartz20 Feb