List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Unnsse Khan Date:February 12 2008 2:34am
Subject:MySQL 5 on OS X Leopard
View as plain text
Hello there,

I am having problems running MySQL 5 on OS X Leopard...

Nothing happens when I try to start MySQL in System Preferences.

 From the command line, this is the error I receive (when trying to
start MySQL):

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

On the MySQL 5 downloads site, it doesn't have a version for Leopard.

Are there any workarounds for getting MySQL 5 running on Leopard?

Happy programming,

Unnsse
Thread
MySQL 5 on OS X LeopardUnnsse Khan12 Feb
  • Re: MySQL 5 on OS X LeopardGrant Limberg12 Feb
    • Re: MySQL 5 on OS X LeopardUnnsse Khan13 Feb