List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:February 11 2008 10:09pm
Subject:Re: Inefficient query processing?
View as plain text
Yves

 >Is there some way to get only the headlines ...

For brief discussion & some examples see 'The [Not] Exists query
pattern' at http://www.artfulsoftware.com/infotree/queries.php.

PB

Yves Goergen wrote:
> On 11.02.2008 19:51 CE(S)T, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>> On Feb 10, 2008 5:30 PM, Yves Goergen <nospam.list@stripped>
>> wrote:
>>> My problem is that the sub-select in line 7 ("SELECT 1") takes a rather
>>> long time. (When I remove it, it's much faster.)
>>
>> This is a known issue with EXISTS/NOT EXISTS subqueries in MySQL,
>> which has some fixes slated for MySQL 6.  In the meantime, there are
>> ways to rewrite most of these queries using JOIN/LEFT JOIN.  Read some
>> of the articles on http://xaprb.com/ about subqueries for a more
>> detailed explanation and examples of rewrites.
>
> Thank you for the link. Is there some way to get only the headlines
> and a summary for all entries? Reading through the entire contents by
> month and finding the misleading captions is hard work for such masses
> of content. The search function didn't give me the desired results.

Thread
Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen10 Feb
  • Re: Inefficient query processing?Peter Brawley11 Feb
    • Re: Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen11 Feb
      • Re: Inefficient query processing?Peter Brawley11 Feb
        • Re: Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen11 Feb
          • Re: Inefficient query processing?Peter Brawley11 Feb
            • Re: Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen11 Feb
              • Re: Inefficient query processing?Peter Brawley11 Feb
                • Re: Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen11 Feb
  • Re: Inefficient query processing?Perrin Harkins11 Feb