List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yves Goergen Date:February 11 2008 9:46pm
Subject:Re: Inefficient query processing?
View as plain text
On 11.02.2008 19:51 CE(S)T, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2008 5:30 PM, Yves Goergen <nospam.list@stripped> wrote:
>> My problem is that the sub-select in line 7 ("SELECT 1") takes a rather
>> long time. (When I remove it, it's much faster.)
>
> This is a known issue with EXISTS/NOT EXISTS subqueries in MySQL,
> which has some fixes slated for MySQL 6.  In the meantime, there are
> ways to rewrite most of these queries using JOIN/LEFT JOIN.  Read some
> of the articles on http://xaprb.com/ about subqueries for a more
> detailed explanation and examples of rewrites.

Thank you for the link. Is there some way to get only the headlines and
a summary for all entries? Reading through the entire contents by month
and finding the misleading captions is hard work for such masses of
content. The search function didn't give me the desired results.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@stripped>
Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen10 Feb
      • Re: Inefficient query processing?Peter Brawley11 Feb
        • Re: Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen11 Feb
          • Re: Inefficient query processing?Peter Brawley11 Feb
            • Re: Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen11 Feb
              • Re: Inefficient query processing?Peter Brawley11 Feb
                • Re: Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen11 Feb
  • Re: Inefficient query processing?Perrin Harkins11 Feb