List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Yves Goergen Date:February 11 2008 5:49pm
Subject:Re: Inefficient query processing?
View as plain text
On 11.02.2008 17:32 CE(S)T, Peter Brawley wrote:
> 1. user.additionalkeylist and tag.readaccesskeylist are atomic despite
> their names?

Yes, I forgot the types. Everything is scalar, varchar or integer. There
are not set or otherwise complex data types.

> 2. You have reciprocal foreign keys, keylist.key referencing
> user(userID) and user.additionalkeylist referencing keylist.keylistID?

Basically, yes. Although there is a contraint in my application that is
not visible in the database structure: I distinguish between "personal"
and "virtual" keys. Personal keys must not be part of a user's
additional keys list. Virtual keys must not have an additional keys list
on their own. (And they must not have logon information.) So there
cannot be a cyclic reference. This is documented in the source code and
will be enforced on the application layer later.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@stripped>
Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen10 Feb
      • Re: Inefficient query processing?Peter Brawley11 Feb
        • Re: Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen11 Feb
          • Re: Inefficient query processing?Peter Brawley11 Feb
            • Re: Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen11 Feb
              • Re: Inefficient query processing?Peter Brawley11 Feb
                • Re: Inefficient query processing?Yves Goergen11 Feb
  • Re: Inefficient query processing?Perrin Harkins11 Feb