List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Charles Brown Date:February 9 2008 1:39pm
Subject:If I downgrade MySQL from ver-5 to ver-4.
View as plain text
Hello. Can someone tell me if I will run into any problems?
1. If I downgrade MySQL from ver-5 to ver-4.
2. If I run replication between version 4 and version 5 of the software.
Meaning slave is version 4 and the master is version 5.

Some back ground:
We have replication implemented. Currently, both are running version
5.0.29. My management wants one of these servers to run version 4.
(Don't ask me why). Will there be any repercussions. Please help me. I
need to provide an answer before 8am Monday. Thanks

My management suggests we down grade to RHEl 4 of mySQl