List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wm Mussatto Date:February 8 2008 9:31pm
Subject:Re: Where are actual databases stored?
View as plain text
On Fri, February 8, 2008 13:09, Paolo Amodio wrote:

> Il giorno 08/feb/08, alle ore 21:55, Riccardo Perotti ha scritto:
>
>> Hi all:
>>
>> Our sistem crashed and we're trying to recover our data. The disc is
>> fine but the OS is gone, so I'm trying to get at the actual mysql
>> databases document. Does anybody know where to look for them in a
>> *nix system?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Riccardo
>>
>> --
>> perotti@stripped
>> www.riccardoperotti.com
>>

>> --
>>

> Usually in
>
> /usr/local/mysql/data
>
> but it'snt a standard.
> What's your distro?
>
> See you
>
> Paolo Amodio
> dixie@stripped
> www.dixienet.it
As the man said, depends on the distro: debian its
/var/lib/mysql
at least for the myisam files.

------
William R. Mussatto
Systems Engineer
http://www.csz.com
909-920-9154

Thread
Where are actual databases stored?Riccardo Perotti8 Feb
  • Re: Where are actual databases stored?Paolo Amodio8 Feb
    • Re: Where are actual databases stored?Wm Mussatto8 Feb
    • If I downgrade MySQL from ver-5 to ver-4. Charles Brown9 Feb
      • Re: If I downgrade MySQL from ver-5 to ver-4.Shawn Green11 Feb
  • Re: Where are actual databases stored?Erik Giberti8 Feb
Re: Where are actual databases stored?Paolo Amodio8 Feb