List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:dvd Date:February 7 2008 7:15pm
Subject:very strange slow plain select
View as plain text
Hello:

I just stumbled on this hard to explain problem. Below

select * from BigTable      (BigTable has 5 million rows)

takes forever to even print out the first row. as you could see
from the sql, it is supposed to print out some rows right away
regardless of server config in my.cnf.   What is interesting is the
following sql

select * from BigTable limit 1000

return the rows immediately as expected.

Thanks for help.
Thread
very strange slow plain selectdvd7 Feb
  • Re: very strange slow plain selectDan Nelson7 Feb
Re: very strange slow plain selectdvd7 Feb
  • Re: very strange slow plain selectmos8 Feb