List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:January 31 2008 9:55pm
Subject:Re: Decimal - Maximum is 30
View as plain text
On Jan 31, 2008 2:56 PM, Eli Shemer <appar@stripped> wrote:
> Actually I'm not in liberty to reveal but it is essential to the project.
> I will look for a workaround in code space when I find the time.

This first thing which springs to my mind is: what langauge are you
using that can make use of such values?  scheme and J to name a
couple, handle values such as you describe internally... Java provides
supports through java.math.BigDecimal, C and C++ get thier support
through various specialty libraries..

If you are using, say, scheme: you may need to convert your numeric
representation to binary data and storeit as such..  you are not going
to get any useful indexing..  perhaps have each such field keep a
companion field with the near-equivelent low-res FLOAT value which you
can index on..

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.
Thread
Decimal - Maximum is 30Eli Shemer30 Jan
  • Re: Decimal - Maximum is 30Warren Young30 Jan
RE: Decimal - Maximum is 30Eli Shemer31 Jan
  • Re: Decimal - Maximum is 30Michael Dykman31 Jan
  • Re: Decimal - Maximum is 30Warren Young1 Feb
    • Re: Decimal - Maximum is 30Michael Cole1 Feb
      • Re: Decimal - Maximum is 30Warren Young1 Feb
  • Re: Decimal - Maximum is 30Martin Gainty1 Feb
    • Re: Decimal - Maximum is 30Peter Brawley1 Feb
      • Re: Decimal - Maximum is 30Paul DuBois1 Feb