List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Olaf Stein Date:January 31 2008 2:29pm
Subject:SQL_LOG_OFF / super priv question
View as plain text
Hi All,

I would like for my regular database users to be able to turn logging off
for certain sessions. This would work by allowing them to set SQL_LOG_OFF
and SQL_LOG_BIN. This requires the user to have the SUPER privilege.
Is there any reason why regular users should not have this privilege?
Or, is there any other way of turning off logging temporarily, preferably
initiated by the connecting client?

Thanks
Olaf

----------------------------------------- Confidentiality Notice:
The following mail message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information. The recipient is responsible to
maintain the confidentiality of this information and to use the
information only for authorized purposes. If you are not the
intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any review, use,
disclosure, distribution, copying, printing, or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Thank you.
Thread
SQL_LOG_OFF / super priv questionOlaf Stein31 Jan
  • Re: SQL_LOG_OFF / super priv questionMoon's Father4 Feb
    • Re: SQL_LOG_OFF / super priv questionOlaf Stein4 Feb