List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:December 14 1999 7:41pm
Subject:Re: Weird problem with Auto Increment fields
View as plain text
unless id is an integer::
mysql>select id from testtable where  id='793'

Noah Silverman wrote:

> OK,
>
> Got a weird one.  The id field is an autoincremented field I use to
> index records.  For some reason the system is acting like there is
> some invisible character at the end of the field.  I don't know how
> that could happen since the filed is auto incremented.
>
> The problem seems intermitant.  Works for some records doesn't for others.
>
> Any thoughts.
>
> -N
>
> mysql> select id from testtable where term like "%noah%";
> +-----+
> | id  |
> +-----+
> | 793 |
> +-----+
> 1 row in set (0.01 sec)
>
> mysql> select file,term from testtable where id= 793 ;
> Empty set (0.00 sec)
>
> mysql> select file,term from testtable where id like "793%";
> +------+-----------+
> | file | term      |
> +------+-----------+
> |  793 | noah |

Weird problem with Auto Increment fieldsNoah Silverman14 Dec
  • Re: Weird problem with Auto Increment fieldsGerald Clark14 Dec
    • Re: Weird problem with Auto Increment fieldsNoah Silverman14 Dec
      • Max valueAndre Natal14 Dec
        • Re: Max valueJeff Urban15 Dec
          • Re: Max valueChristian Pinheiro17 Dec
            • Re: Max valuesinisa18 Dec
          • Compiling mysql++1.5Christian Pinheiro17 Dec
    • Re: Max valuePeter Thunell14 Dec
    • Re: Max valueSasha Pachev14 Dec
  • Re: Weird problem with Auto Increment fieldssinisa15 Dec
  • Re: Weird problem with Auto Increment fieldssinisa15 Dec