List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Charles Brown Date:January 24 2008 5:28am
Subject:RE: executing query from the command line -- need help
View as plain text
thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: obed [mailto:obed.listas@stripped]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 10:49 PM
To: Jay Blanchard
Cc: Brown, Charles; mysql@stripped

On Jan 23, 2008 2:36 PM, Jay Blanchard <jblanchard@stripped> wrote:
> [snip]
> Hello Jay. Thanks for your reply but where is your solution to my
> problem. I'm lost here. Help me -- please
>
> Thx

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

I'm going to propose you a horrible solution:

mysql> select * from table1;
+------+------+
| id   | text |
+------+------+
|    1 | one  |
|    2 | two  |
+------+------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from table2;
+------+------+
| id   | text |
+------+------+
|    1 | one  |
+------+------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> update table2 set id=(select id from table1 where id=2),
text=(select text from table1 where id=2) where id=1;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0

mysql> select * from table2;
+------+------+
| id   | text |
+------+------+
|    2 | two  |
+------+------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Take care, greetings.
--

http://www.obed.org.mx

immediately.

Thank you.
Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Mont McAdam15 Jan
  • Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Martijn Tonies15 Jan
    • Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Moon's Father16 Jan
Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Mont McAdam23 Jan
  • RE: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Jerry Schwartz23 Jan
  • Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Perrin Harkins23 Jan
    • executing query from the command line -- need help Charles Brown23 Jan
      • RE: executing query from the command line -- need help Jay Blanchard23 Jan
      • RE: executing query from the command line -- need help Jay Blanchard23 Jan
RE: executing query from the command line -- need help Jay Blanchard23 Jan
  • Re: executing query from the command line -- need helpobed24 Jan
    • RE: executing query from the command line -- need helpCharles Brown24 Jan