List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Blanchard Date:January 23 2008 5:27pm
Subject:RE: executing query from the command line -- need help
View as plain text
[snip]
I'm new to mysql. I would like to issue a query from the command line
and pass the result to an update done on the command line within the
same script. See below.
My question is how can I run a select from the command line and pass the
values to an update

SELECT SYS_ID, SYS_LOCATION, SYS_IP FROM PROD_SERVER;

UPDATE TEST_SERVER
SET SYS_ID  = &value passed from above
      SYS_LOCATION = &value passed from above
       SYS_IPADDRESS = &value passed from above;

[/snip]

Start here
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/declare-local-variables.html

Thread
Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Mont McAdam15 Jan
  • Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Martijn Tonies15 Jan
    • Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Moon's Father16 Jan
Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Mont McAdam23 Jan
  • RE: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Jerry Schwartz23 Jan
  • Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Perrin Harkins23 Jan
    • executing query from the command line -- need help Charles Brown23 Jan
      • RE: executing query from the command line -- need help Jay Blanchard23 Jan
      • RE: executing query from the command line -- need help Jay Blanchard23 Jan
RE: executing query from the command line -- need help Jay Blanchard23 Jan
  • Re: executing query from the command line -- need helpobed24 Jan
    • RE: executing query from the command line -- need helpCharles Brown24 Jan