List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:J Trahair Date:January 23 2008 4:50pm
Subject:MySQL and MS SQL Server 2005
View as plain text
Hi Everyone

I am now familiar with connecting with MySQL using Visual Basic 6 and ADO. I am about to
start a new project which must connect to a customer's MS SQL Server 2005 installation.

How safe/unsafe is my assumption that as far as SQL strings and ADO connections are
concerned 'if it works on MySQL it will work on MS SQL Server 2005'?

The SQL strings I use are the really simple ones eg.
INSERT INTO...,
UPDATE FROM...,SET...WHERE...
SELECT FROM...WHERE...ORDER BY...

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan Trahair

Thread
MySQL and MS SQL Server 2005J Trahair23 Jan
  • Re: MySQL and MS SQL Server 2005Olexandr Melnyk23 Jan
Re: MySQL and MS SQL Server 2005J Trahair23 Jan
  • Re: MySQL and MS SQL Server 2005Olexandr Melnyk23 Jan