List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Perrin Harkins Date:January 23 2008 3:50pm
Subject:Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?
View as plain text
On Jan 22, 2008 7:18 PM, Mont McAdam <mont@stripped> wrote:
> In my opinion it should return every record from the table where `method` is
> equal to NULL, ZERO or EMPTY STRING, as this table doesn't allow null, and
> the field type is varchar, this would be EMPTY STRING's only.

Although it doesn't matter here because of the NOT NULL, this will
never match NULL values.  NULL values are neither true nor untrue, so
they have to be checked with IS NULL.  This is standard, not a MySQL
thing.

- Perrin
Thread
Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Mont McAdam15 Jan
  • Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Martijn Tonies15 Jan
    • Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Moon's Father16 Jan
Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Mont McAdam23 Jan
  • RE: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Jerry Schwartz23 Jan
  • Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Perrin Harkins23 Jan
    • executing query from the command line -- need help Charles Brown23 Jan
      • RE: executing query from the command line -- need help Jay Blanchard23 Jan
      • RE: executing query from the command line -- need help Jay Blanchard23 Jan
RE: executing query from the command line -- need help Jay Blanchard23 Jan
  • Re: executing query from the command line -- need helpobed24 Jan
    • RE: executing query from the command line -- need helpCharles Brown24 Jan