List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kc9cdt Date:January 23 2008 4:28am
Subject:Need to know how to do INSERTS, using variables for VALUE
View as plain text
Hello,
Doing C coding with MSql.
What am I missing here?

I am needing to do standard INSERT statements using variables for the VALUE
fields
These fields are changed in the application befre I issue the INSERT. The
current proram uses : before the variable to make it work.

Like this: INSERT INTO EMP_MASTER (EMP_NO, SUPERVISOR,BADGE_NO)
                VALUES (:emp_no, :super, :badge_no);

The :emp_no etc.  is obviously what is not working...Why?

Works great in DB/2 .
I just can't find how to do it in MySql.

Thanks for any help here!
Lee

Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay in shape.

Need to know how to do INSERTS, using variables for VALUEKc9cdt23 Jan
  • Re: Need to know how to do INSERTS, using variables for VALUEDan Nelson23 Jan