List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mont McAdam Date:January 23 2008 12:18am
Subject:Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?
View as plain text
`method` is the name of the column in the table.

In my opinion it should return every record from the table where `method` is
equal to NULL, ZERO or EMPTY STRING, as this table doesn't allow null, and
the field type is varchar, this would be EMPTY STRING's only.

This has always worked in the past. However now EVERY row is returned
regardless of the contents of `method`.

Thoughts?

> What is method mean in your sql statement?
>
> On Jan 15, 2008 5:33 PM, Martijn Tonies <m.tonies@stripped> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > >I am having a problem with MySQL 5.0.45 returning what I consider to be
> > >unexpected results.
> > >
> > >Basically I am attempting the following query, and ALL records are being
> > >returned.
> > >
> > >" SELECT * FROM `jos_products_orders` WHERE NOT `method`  "
> >
> > For the uninformed, what should this do according to you?
> >
> > Martijn Tonies
> > Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB, Oracle
> > &
> > MS SQL Server
> > Upscene Productions
> > http://www.upscene.com
> > My thoughts:
> > http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
> > Database development questions? Check the forum!
> > http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
> >

> > --

Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Mont McAdam15 Jan
  • Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Martijn Tonies15 Jan
    • Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Moon's Father16 Jan
Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Mont McAdam23 Jan
  • RE: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Jerry Schwartz23 Jan
  • Re: Did NOT condition on VARCHAR change with 5.0.45?Perrin Harkins23 Jan
    • executing query from the command line -- need help Charles Brown23 Jan
      • RE: executing query from the command line -- need help Jay Blanchard23 Jan
      • RE: executing query from the command line -- need help Jay Blanchard23 Jan
RE: executing query from the command line -- need help Jay Blanchard23 Jan
  • Re: executing query from the command line -- need helpobed24 Jan
    • RE: executing query from the command line -- need helpCharles Brown24 Jan