List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:January 21 2008 4:50pm
Subject:RE: Handling Special Characters
View as plain text
> use UTF-8 for text files
> use SET NAMEs to correctly MySQL what charset you are using
>

> --
> Sebastian
[JS] You are correct. The results were very confusing, especially since the
visual difference between a hyphen (0x2D) and an N-quad (0x96). Also,
copying UTF-8 text to a command window seems to do some automatic
conversions.

Whenever I deal with "other" characters, I get a brain cramp. You should see
me working with Chinese.

Thanks.

Thread
Handling Special CharactersJerry Schwartz18 Jan
  • Re: Handling Special CharactersBaron Schwartz18 Jan
    • RE: Handling Special CharactersJerry Schwartz19 Jan
    • RE: Handling Special CharactersJerry Schwartz21 Jan
  • Re: Handling Special CharactersSebastian Mendel21 Jan
    • RE: Handling Special CharactersJerry Schwartz21 Jan