List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mário Gamito Date:January 21 2008 10:49am
Subject:Re: Newbie: A single number
View as plain text
Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your answer.

I tried your way, but still, I get a column with two values:

|---------------------
|COUNT(comment_agent)|
|--------------------|
|                   1|
----------------------
|                  47|
----------------------

What I need is just the 47.

Any ideas ?

Warm Regards,
Mário Gamito

Sebastian Mendel wrote:
> Mário Gamito schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to get a single number out of a SELECT statement:
>>
>> SELECT comment_approved, COUNT(comment_agent) from wp_comments WHERE
>> comment_agent LIKE '%Linux%' OR comment_approved=0 GROUP by
>> comment_approved
>>
>> But instead i get two rows:
>>
>> |------------------------------------------
>> |comment_approved | COUNT (comment_agent) |
>> |------------------------------------------
>> |0                |                     1 |
>> |------------------------------------------
>> |1                |                    47 |
>> |-----------------------------------------|
>>
>> I've Google about it but found no answer (my bad, probably).
>>
>> What I want is to have just 47 as a result of the SELECT.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> just include only the things you want in the SELECT
>
> also it seems you require only comment_agent LIKE '%Linux%' and NOT OR
> comment_approved=0 if you only need the '47'
>
> SELECT COUNT(comment_agent)
> from wp_comments
> WHERE comment_agent LIKE '%Linux%'
> GROUP by comment_approved

Thread
Newbie: A single numberMário Gamito21 Jan
  • Re: Newbie: A single numberSebastian Mendel21 Jan
    • Re: Newbie: A single numberMário Gamito21 Jan
      • Re: Newbie: A single numberJoerg Bruehe23 Jan
  • Re: Newbie: A single numberMichael Cole21 Jan
    • Re: Newbie: A single numberMário Gamito21 Jan
  • Re: Newbie: A single numberAndy Wallace21 Jan