List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:January 18 2008 8:30am
Subject:Re: MySql at 100% CPU
View as plain text
No worries :)

 > Good luck with your problem!

Apparently not, since no member of the MySql team wants to tell me and
this mailing list what scenario's will cause a low-load MySql system
lock at 100% CPU for hours on end.

Another of my servers has just entered this mode about half an hour ago.
  I include the xload graph just to show I am not imagining this!

Another guess: these servers are quite new and growing at several gig a
week.  Does InnoDB have some mode whereby it checks all tables after
some threshold of time, size or row count?  Which is likely to take
hours and put the CPU load at 100%?

If four of my ten MySql servers are doing this regularly, I can't be the
only person with this problem.  Can somebody from MySql please let me
know that on earth you are doing to my CPU's??

Regards,

Ben

BTW, who controls InnoDB?  Is it Oracle or Sun?

Kevin Hunter wrote:
> At 12:08p -0500 on 17 Jan 2008, Ben Clewett wrote:
>> The package you show gives the same output as the 'SHOW PROCESSLIST'
>> output, which I included in my previous email :)
>
> Heh, that'll teach me to actually /use/ the package before recommending
> it. :-P  (I just found out about it when that article came out, and
> haven't yet had a chance to try it out.)
>
> Good luck with your problem!
>
> Kevin

Thread
MySql at 100% CPUBen Clewett17 Jan
  • Re: MySql at 100% CPUKevin Hunter17 Jan
    • Re: MySql at 100% CPUBen Clewett17 Jan
      • Re: MySql at 100% CPUKevin Hunter17 Jan
        • Re: MySql at 100% CPUBen Clewett18 Jan
          • Re: MySql at 100% CPUShawn Green21 Jan
            • Re: MySql at 100% CPUStut21 Jan