List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Leith Date:January 17 2008 5:19pm
Subject:Re: Sun and mysql
View as plain text
Olaf Stein wrote:
> I am not judging this move by mysql, as long as it stays open source, this
> is probably good for the product itself.
>
> I just think it is weird that a pure entertainment website (admittedly with
> lots of users) is estimated at so much more than a software company.

Two words:

Marketing Potential.

:)

--
Mark Leith, Manager of Support, Americas
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Sun and mysqlOlaf Stein17 Jan
  • RE: Sun and mysqlJay Blanchard17 Jan
  • Re: Sun and mysqlPeter17 Jan
    • Re: Sun and mysqlOlaf Stein17 Jan
      • valuation tangent (was Re: Sun and mysql)Ofer Inbar17 Jan
      • RE: [SPAM] - Re: Sun and mysql - Email found in subjectjmacaranas17 Jan
  • Re: Sun and mysqlBarry Newton17 Jan
    • Re: Sun and mysqlOlaf Stein17 Jan
      • Re: Sun and mysqlMartijn Tonies17 Jan
      • Re: Sun and mysqlMark Leith17 Jan
        • Re: Sun and mysqlOlaf Stein17 Jan
          • Re: Sun and mysql - sorryOlaf Stein17 Jan
  • Re: Sun and mysqlMartijn Tonies17 Jan