List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:January 17 2008 5:15pm
Subject:Re: Sun and mysql
View as plain text

> Olaf Stein wrote:
> > I am still amazed by the fact that youtube "is worth" 1.5 billion and
MySQL
> > AB barely 1 billion. Did they sell under price? Or does Google just have
way
> > to much many to spend/waste?
> >
> > Greetings from the just wondering...
> > Olaf
> MySQL A.B., so far as I know, derives income from training, pubs sales,
> and enterprise support, with expense for salaries,  space leases (at
> least some staff work from home), and  equipment.  The value of such an

Don't forget "licensing MySQL".

> organization is inevitably based on somebody's best guess about future
> revenues. I'm encouraged about the prospects of MySQL when I remember
> that Sun is a major sponsor of open source application software.

Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Sun and mysqlOlaf Stein17 Jan
  • RE: Sun and mysqlJay Blanchard17 Jan
  • Re: Sun and mysqlPeter17 Jan
    • Re: Sun and mysqlOlaf Stein17 Jan
      • valuation tangent (was Re: Sun and mysql)Ofer Inbar17 Jan
      • RE: [SPAM] - Re: Sun and mysql - Email found in subjectjmacaranas17 Jan
  • Re: Sun and mysqlBarry Newton17 Jan
    • Re: Sun and mysqlOlaf Stein17 Jan
      • Re: Sun and mysqlMartijn Tonies17 Jan
      • Re: Sun and mysqlMark Leith17 Jan
        • Re: Sun and mysqlOlaf Stein17 Jan
          • Re: Sun and mysql - sorryOlaf Stein17 Jan
  • Re: Sun and mysqlMartijn Tonies17 Jan