List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:January 17 2008 5:08pm
Subject:Re: MySql at 100% CPU
View as plain text
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the advise.

The package you show gives the same output as the 'SHOW PROCESSLIST'
output, which I included in my previous email :)

The problem I have is that the process list, by 'mytop' or 'SHOW
PROCESSLIST' shows the server doing noting.

Yet 'top' and other tools show MySQL using 100% CPU....

I really need any kind MySQL guru who can give me some advise on how to
track down and stop my four MySQL servers doing what ever they doing...

I think it might be something to do with replication, as it's only my
severs which are replication slaves and masters at the same time who
tend to do this 100% CPU thing for hours on end...

Kind regards,

Ben

Kevin Hunter wrote:
> At 3:25a -0500 on 17 Jan 2008, Ben Clewett wrote:
>> I need to know why MySql does this.  If any person knows how I an
>> identify the problem, please let me know!
>
> I think this package helped another person out on this list a couple
> days ago:
>
> http://debaday.debian.net/2007/12/26/mytop-a-top-clone-for-mysql/
>
> HTH,
>
> Kevin

Thread
MySql at 100% CPUBen Clewett17 Jan
  • Re: MySql at 100% CPUKevin Hunter17 Jan
    • Re: MySql at 100% CPUBen Clewett17 Jan
      • Re: MySql at 100% CPUKevin Hunter17 Jan
        • Re: MySql at 100% CPUBen Clewett18 Jan
          • Re: MySql at 100% CPUShawn Green21 Jan
            • Re: MySql at 100% CPUStut21 Jan