List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Newton Date:January 17 2008 5:10pm
Subject:Re: Sun and mysql
View as plain text
Olaf Stein wrote:
> I am still amazed by the fact that youtube "is worth" 1.5 billion and MySQL
> AB barely 1 billion. Did they sell under price? Or does Google just have way
> to much many to spend/waste?
>
> Greetings from the just wondering...
> Olaf
MySQL A.B., so far as I know, derives income from training, pubs sales,
and enterprise support, with expense for salaries,  space leases (at
least some staff work from home), and  equipment.  The value of such an
organization is inevitably based on somebody's best guess about future
revenues. I'm encouraged about the prospects of MySQL when I remember
that Sun is a major sponsor of open source application software.

--

Barry

Thread
Sun and mysqlOlaf Stein17 Jan
  • RE: Sun and mysqlJay Blanchard17 Jan
  • Re: Sun and mysqlPeter17 Jan
    • Re: Sun and mysqlOlaf Stein17 Jan
      • valuation tangent (was Re: Sun and mysql)Ofer Inbar17 Jan
      • RE: [SPAM] - Re: Sun and mysql - Email found in subjectjmacaranas17 Jan
  • Re: Sun and mysqlBarry Newton17 Jan
    • Re: Sun and mysqlOlaf Stein17 Jan
      • Re: Sun and mysqlMartijn Tonies17 Jan
      • Re: Sun and mysqlMark Leith17 Jan
        • Re: Sun and mysqlOlaf Stein17 Jan
          • Re: Sun and mysql - sorryOlaf Stein17 Jan
  • Re: Sun and mysqlMartijn Tonies17 Jan